In general, in ours lives we are surrounded by different types of technologies. Every year we have more instrumets that make ours lives more and more easy, also when you think that anything could be more technologic than your recently purchase, in that moment scientists are inventing something new.
Now, there are too much progress that is impossible to know everything that exists. I could understand that this year becouse in the university I have learned a lot about rencently discoveries in cell biology with very precise microscopes and molecular techniques that exist long time ago but the “normal world” has no idea that exist.
Since I started my study program, my teachers have told to me about thousands of complex molecules and millions of more complex processes. Those processes could be discovered thanks to the technology. There are a lot of machines and technology that facilitates the study of biology for scientists. It’s truth that I’m just on my first year and that I can’t use that machines or maybe I will never use them in my life if I don’t want to do invetigation, but there are also technologies that help “pacific scientists” (I named that way to cientists that don’t investigate, but know and understand a lof of science) to be up to date with the news discoveries. For example, on the web there are web sites that publish works of renowned scientist in all the world. Web pages like www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed, allows us to found information related to our carrers and with very very specific information about the recently discoveries. Also, that tool offers us a sumary about the complete text that we are looking for, this is very usefull when you don’t know very well a topic and you need only basic information to understand it first. I think that pubmed is the more usefull techbology in science that we as first year student could use.
We, as proffessionals in the area of health, we need to be updated on news discoveries that are made. First, because there are many things that are not known yet, and secondly, because in science always change many things that are believed true, but later, new researchs shows the opposite. This is very important for don’t make mistakes when we are exercising our career.
I liked very much that my first practice class was about how to found bibliographic information becouse I have use a lot of web pages that in that moment I knewn. I think that, every scientists man and woman use those websites to be updated. And that allows me to know the same that a doctor know despites of I’m a first year student and that is great.
My English experience learning
15 years ago

pabo :'D
ReplyDelete